Yermin Mercedes says he’s “away from baseball indefinitely”


Yermin Mercedes drew attention Wednesday on his Instagram activity.

Mercedes, who was part of a controversy with her manager earlier this season, posted a text message on Instagram saying “it’s over.”

In the caption for the photo, Mercedes said he walked away indefinitely.

Here is a rough translation of his post via Google Translate.

“First of all I want to thank God for giving my life to the fans that without them I would be nothing for my family to have understood me and always support Daniel szew to move forward, and incidentally apologize to all those who have offended me. immaturity for members of radio, television and the press .. to all the teams that participated for not tolerating their decisions to all those who as human beings I have failed to apologize and in this way I’m away from baseball indefinitely ..! God bless you it’s over, ”he wrote.

The 28-year-old started the season very hot for the Chicago White Doctors. He batted .415 with five homers and five doubles in his first 22 games. However, manager White Sox Tony La Russa criticized Mercedes for making a home run on a 3-0 pitch late in a May farm.

La Russa’s reaction to Mercedes’ house started a controversy in MLB. The Mercedes game fell through. He hit .159 in June and was reduced to Triple-A in early July.

Will Mercedes actually retire? It’s hard to believe that. I think Mercedes is trying to force the White Sox to switch to a different team. The guy probably feels that he belongs to MLB rather than Triple-A, and that he needs a fresh start with a new franchise. A trade probably serves on all sides.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *